A technical background helps me create data rich content for web, mobile and print. I have ten years experience as a marketing assistant creating digital content, writing/editing copy, creating AdWord campaigns, email marketing, direct mail and the logistics for five annual trade shows.
The web sites and documents I create are often used by the marketing, sales, engineering and executive departments for in-house and customer communications. I support the engineering department with documentation, the marketing department with web sites and applications to enhance the company’s social media status, the sales department with print media like brochures, cards and product data sheets, the executive branch with shareholder documents, sales reporting templates and new business proposals.
Please look below for a long list of my skills and how I can use them to help your business grow.
Adobe CC Software Skills
- Skilled PhotoShop editor and restorer for fine art, advertising display and the web.
- Advanced Illustrator used for packaging, magazine advertising, banner ads.
- Expert InDesign print layout with 15 years desktop publishing experience.
- Video editing and post production using Premier Pro and AfterEffects.
Adobe Creative Suite expert with 20 years experience creating documents, illustrations, manuals, animations and video. My technical background helps me create information rich documents that support the marketing, sales and engineering departments. You can see samples here in my portfolio pages. I have also made posters and magazine ads, and illustrations for various folks over the years including a cover for a math textbook.
3D & AutoCAD
- Solidworks Sheet metal module, 3D modeling and flat pattern output.
- Blender open source 3D modeling and animation software.
- SketchUp 3D modeling and stills rendering for fast 3D, plan and elevation output.
- AutoCAD 2010 software plan and elevation output for electrical systems.
- HTML hand coding and spot editing within a responsive framework
- CSS control over the look and feel of text, colors, banners, editorial, etc
- WordPress power user; Content management web technology
- Install and customization of JQUERY scripts in to web pages and sites
- Write and edit PHP User Defined Functions to integrate with outside API gateways
Photography & Video
- Skilled product photographer and digital darkroom/photo retouch specialist
- 3D modeling and rendering; animations, illustrations, cross-sections
- WordPress power user; content management web technology
- Video production; story boards, script writing, directing and editing
- Enterprise software, SaaS user support, Crystal Reports, SalesForce.com.
- Expert user of Microsoft Office Suite such as templates, formatting and formulas.
- Email marketing with MailChimp.com, hand-coded HTML email messages for customers links back to a unique landing page on the company web site.
- Google AdWords campaign and SEO skills help establish Google page ranking.
- Google analytics visitor metrics helps find sites for web banner advertising.
- Google Page Rank: cultivating high quality inbound links improves GPR.
- WordPress custom themes and outside API integration with other web sites.
- Direct mail: yes, it still exists and can be a great way to connect with dealers and customers with a high quality impression using a color printing.
- Twitter responding to customer technical support messages helps Radial solve customers problems quickly while educating others.
- Twitter conversations can be turned into FAQ questions for the company website
- I focus on user engagement when creating Facebook posts, such as who is using what and how are they benefiting from it.
- Streamline the posting process with IFTTT.com (If This Then That) allowing automated cross posting between social media networks.
Hobbies and Interests
- DIY electronics: enjoys building guitar pedals and tube amplifiers.
- LED lamp making: innovates with LED lights, batteries and other materials to re-claim old lamps with new LED emitters.
- Cross mountain biking and urban touring biking- I ride a Rocky Mountain Switch on the trail and a Surly Long Haul Trucker in the city.
- Adventure Motorcycling: currently in between bikes. Looking to get a Kawasaki Versys 650 to ride the Washington Backroads Discovery Route.